Hy-Vee has a 2-Day sale on Thursday and Friday this week, so let's start there:
* Whole boneless pork loin (Hormel always tender) @ $1.99/lb.
* Store brand large eggs @ $1.48/dozen
* Banquet meals @ .67
* Kellogg's Mini-Wheats or Raisin Bran @ $1.48
$1/2 Mini Wheats @ kelloggsfamilyrewards (must log in, but no points required)
$1/1 coupon for any Kellogg's cereal @ kelloggsfamilyrewards.com (850 pts. required)
* Peter Pan peanut butter @ $1.48 (limit 2)
* 7-Up 6-pack bottles 16.9 oz. @ 6/$10 ($1.67 each)
* Purex laundry detergent or fabric softener @ 5/$10 plus .01 Fuel Saver on each
I'm not currently finding any coupons for this, but check the database in case some become available. The only ones I've seen recently are for the larger sizes. While this is well above my stock up price, if you need some, it's not too bad.
Next, let's move on to Hy-Vee's regular ad:
* Store brand yogurt @ .29 (stock up!)
* Dole premium classic salads @ .98
Occasionally I have found pamphlets with coupons near the salads, so be sure to be on the look-out!
* Country Pride boneless chicken breast 2.5 lb. bag @ $4.99
* Dr. Pepper products 12 pack cans or 8 pack bottles 12 oz. @ 3/$9 with in-ad coupon (pg. 9)
* Page 10 has a Fuel Saver deal where you save .50/gallon when you purchase 10 of the items listed, so see if there are items you use and be sure to check the database for manufacturer's coupons to save money!
* Blue Bunny premium ovals @ $2.99 (select varieties)
I have not seen coupons for this in a whiles, but be sure to check their web page before heading out in case they release some coupons!
* Kraft mac & cheese 5-pack @ $2.88 with in-ad coupon (pg. 20)
* Hamburger Helper @ .77
Again, not finding a coupon, but be sure to check since they often have them.
Next let's look at Fareway's ad, which is corporate, so we should all see these specials:
* Store brand cottage cheese 12 oz. @ .88 (limit 2)
* Store brand white bread @ .88
* Dole Spinach @ .99
* Iowa Chops @ $1.99/lb.
Be sure to check the meat counter since I have found pork coupons there in the past!
* Delightful Farms boneless skinless chicken breasts 3 lb. bag @ $4.99 with in ad coupon (limit 2)
* Boneless Rump Roast @ $3.99 with in ad coupon (limit 10 lb.)
* Special K cereal (multiple varieties) @ 4/$8
Use store coupon to get $4 off when you buy 4
Stack with manufacturer's coupons to get them free of very inexpensive:
$1/3 at kelloggsfamilyrewards.com (no points required)
.50/1 at kelloggsfamilyrewards for Gluten free variety (no points required)
$1/1 at kelloggsfamilyrewards for 850 pts. each. If you have enough points, print 4 and get them free!
* Check page 5 for a store coupon for $2 off when you buy 10 items on that page. Keep in mind that you may stack manufacturer's coupons with this, so if you find 10 items you need, be sure to check the database!
* Keebler Zesta saltine crackers @ $1.49
If you still have 850 points, you may print a $1/1 coupon at kelloggsfamilyrewards
* Strawberries @ $1.99 for 1 lb. carton (not too bad for this time of year)
* Kiwi @ 3/$1
I should be well stocked on my chicken after this week, and we will be implementing our 1 month grocery "fast" beginning the 15th. Our budget will be $100 for one month for 2 people, which will only cover perishables and perhaps a few other good deals that may come along. Don't worry, I'll still let you know of the deals I see, even though I will have to pass on some. We will use things from our freezer and pantry, and will put the extra $100 that we normally budget (normally $200/month) into our savings! This is good timing since it will help replace part of the funds we have had to use from our emergency fund for some unexpected expenses recently! :-) I will keep you posted on our progress as we go!