Hy-Vee has a 2-Day sale on March 5 & 6 this week, so let's look at that first:
* Nabisco Chips Ahoy! cookies (not a necessity, but goes well with milk!) @ 3/$5 ($1.67 ea.) + .02 Fuel Saver each
* Store brand MILK 1/2 gallon @ $1.28 (limit 2)
* Old Orchard juice cocktail, Healthy Balance or Cranberry Naturals @ .99 (limit 2)
.50/1 any juice, $1/2 Healthy Balance, or $1/2 Cranberry Naturals all found here
* Store brand white bread @ .79
* Hy-Vee One Step russet potatoes 5 lb. @ .88
* Jif peanut butter @ $1.48 (limit 2)
* Midwest Country Fare ice cream 4 quart pail @ $3.99
Next, let's see what Hy-Vee's regular ad has:
* Strawberries 16 oz. @ $1.68
.50/1 Driscoll's berries here (assuming it's Driscoll brand) Must register and coupon will be e-mailed
* Store brand butter select varieties 16 oz. @ $1.96 (limit 4)
* Hy-Vee single serve coffee or cappuccino 24 ct. @ $8.98 + .03 Fuel Saver
* Puff's facial tissues select varieties 56-96 ct. @ 3/$3
.25/1 coupon at coupons.com
* Lay's potato chips or Tostitos tortilla chips @ 3/$6 with in ad store coupon (back page)
There was a printable available about a week ago, if you printed it, stack it with this deal and save another $1! (no longer available to print)
* Betty Crocker cake mix @ .88
I did see some .50 coupons on the yellow cake mix boxes good when you buy cake and frosting if you plan to buy the yellow variety, so be on the lookout for those!
Finally, let's check out Fareway's ad, which is corporate, so we will all see these deals:
* Boneless skinless chicken breast @ $1.98/lb. (limit 10 lbs.)
* Store brand cottage bread @ .98
* Country Hearth bread 12-Grain (if you want a bread "upgrade" for just a little more) @ $1.88
$1/2 printable here (must buy 2)
* Store brand 100% orange juice 64 oz. @ .99 (limit 2)
* Fareway's Own regular or beer bratwurst @ $1.99/lb. with in-ad coupon (front page) limit 10 lbs.
* 93% ground beef in 10 lb. tubes @ $3.99/lb. with in-ad coupon (front page) limit 2 tubes
* Kraft Salad Dressing 16 oz. @ $1.88
$1/2 printable at coupons.com
* Chi-Chi's flour tortillas @ 2/$3
* Chi-Chi's tortilla chips or salsa @ 2/$4
$1/2 Chi-Chi's tortilla products and/or $1/2 salsa products 1/11 Smart Source insert (exp. 3/9)
* Iowa Chops @ $1.99/lb
Keep looking for those pork coupons on the meat counter even though they've been elusive lately!
* Boneless rump roast @ $3.99/lb.
* Save $4 on MILK when you buy 4 Kellogg's items listed on pg. 8 with in-ad coupon
$1/1 Eggos, $1/1 Kellogg's cereal, or $1/1 Pop Tarts at kelloggsfamilyrewards (points needed)
$1/2 Mini Wheats at kelloggsfamilyrewards.com (no points needed)
You can get some amazing deals if you get the Eggo's @ $2 each and have enough points for 4 $1 coupons! If not, mix & match and still get a good deal!
* Puff's facial tissue (plus, ultra, or basic) 56-64 ct. cube @ 3/$3
.25/1 printable at coupons.com
* Imperial margarine quarter sticks @ .79
* Fareway American singles 24 ct. wrapped slices @ $1.99 with in-ad coupon pg. 11
* Red or Golden Delicious or Gala apples @ .68/lb.
March is frozen food month, so be watching for more deals in that department. I did get some frozen veggies this past week at .68/bag, but I'm still hoping to see more frozen deals! The $3.99 ice cream is also a great deal at Hy-Vee this week in the frozen department.
I hear spring is around the corner so I planted some tomatoes yesterday! :-)